RINA was founded by an attorney, and throughout the years, we’ve maintained close contact with law firms–either by providing accounting services or client referrals. This extensive involvement also makes us uniquely qualified to provide superior litigation support services.
These services are built upon the strong audit, analytical and investigative skills of our auditors and business consultants, their experience with businesses in a variety of industries, and their ability to communicate effectively on several different levels.
More specifically we have:
- Been accepted as expert witnesses in a majority local jurisdictions, including San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Sacramento, Mendocino and Solano Counties.
- Acted in a variety of matters for plaintiffs and the defense.
- Assisted the court as an independent expert.
- Served as consultants in matters not requiring our testimony.
- Testified frequently in court depositions and arbitration.
- Assisted counsel in preparing for deposition and cross-examination and testimony for rebuttal.
- Assisted in the discovery process, especially in deciding what records are required for examination.
- Assisted in preparing presentations and various exhibits, including charts, to illustrate financial assertions.
- Participated fairly extensively with divorce litigators.
- Assisted in many insurance defense matters requiring calculations of lost income and claims for business losses in a variety of circumstances.
- Analyzed trust funds and reconstructed accounting records.
- Used agreed-upon-procedures to analyze defalcations and to provide information to resolve contract disputes.
Valuation of businesses is frequently required to assist in settlement, especially in marital dissolution cases. We can provide formal business valuations for a variety of business purposes.