Chris DeMay, CPA, is a Tax Partner and the Chief Financial Officer of RINA based in the Firm’s San Francisco office. Chris began his career at RINA in 2012 and as an integral member of the Firm’s executive team, he provides the vision and focus for RINA to thrive and grow into the future. Chris specializes in tax compliance and consulting and advises clients in a variety of industries, including companies in the real estate industry, hotels and resorts, and closely held family businesses.
As a member of RINA’s International Tax Practice Group, Chris assists individuals and businesses in the areas of U.S. income tax rules, transfer pricing, and IC-DISC. As a member of RINA’s Estate Planning Group, Chris assists individuals in evaluating the multiple impacts of estate taxes, income taxes, and property taxes on an estate, and develops comprehensive strategies and tactics to minimize their effects.
Chris began his career in public accounting with a CPA firm in Birmingham, Alabama. He specialized in the retirement plan industry until 2006, prior to focusing on tax compliance and consulting. Chris volunteers and assists organizations within the community and, since 2014, he has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Special Kids Foundation. He also established a not-for-profit organization, Special Haven, to provide specialized tax services to the special needs’ community in East Contra Costa County.
Chris’s areas of expertise include:
- Tax planning for U.S. and foreign taxpayers;
- Determining transfer pricing for businesses that have related party transactions with cross-border entities;
- Income tax planning and projections;
- Estate and wealth transfer planning, including assistance in establishing various entities for family-limited partnerships;
- Tailored retirement planning services built around individual goals and objectives;
- Current and emerging tax regulations;
- Multi-state taxation;
- Commercial and residential real estate brokerage;
- Real estate investment and development; and
- Corporate tax.
- International Tax
- Retirement Plan Consulting
- Tax Consulting
- Real Estate
- Hotels & Resorts
- Closely Held Family Businesses