Robin Brotman, CPA, is a Stockholder, and the Chief Operating Officer of RINA and is the Firm’s Walnut Creek Office Head. Robin has been with RINA since 1981 as an integral member of RINA’s executive team. She provides the vision and focus for RINA to thrive and grow into the future. Robin specializes in providing audit, tax, and management advisory services to high net worth individuals, and closely held businesses across diverse industries.
Robin assists businesses improve their day-to-day operations and provide guidance on long-term strategies for financial stability, profitability, and sustainable growth. She has extensive experience providing strategic planning and advisory services to businesses in all stages. Robin assists early stage start-ups, and well-established businesses prepare for their transition to future generations. Additional areas of focus include audits of employee benefit plans, financial and estate planning, and tax consulting services for professional service firms, and businesses in the real estate and construction and retail industries.
With nearly 40 years of accounting experience, Robin is passionate about assisting clients’ success and assisting them transition through many business and personal milestones. Robin earned a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from the University of California, Berkeley. Robin greatly enjoys spending time with her family.
Robin’s areas of expertise include:
- Business succession planning;
- Tax planning for individuals and closely held businesses;
- State and local tax compliance and consulting;
- Analysis of financial statements;
- Financial estate planning;
- Audits of employee benefit plans including 401(k) Plans, Defined Benefit Pension Plans, Profit Sharing Plans, Health and Welfare Plans and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plans);
- Employee Benefit Plan Services;
- Performing audits of 401(k) Plans, Defined Benefit Pension Plans, Profit Sharing Plans, Health and Welfare Plans, and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plans); and
- Audit Services
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Estate and Trust Planning
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Corporation & Partnership Tax
- Real Estate & Construction
- Professional Services
- Retail and Wholesale Businesses